Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tree Quilt

I already posted pictures on my facebook account, but I love my quilt so much I thought that I would put a couple more up on the blog. The finished size is 65x82, it turned out quite large. There are 30 blocks total. I rarely keep quilts for myself, but Matt liked it so much, and my friend Christine told me that I needed to keep this one. I don't even want to think about the $$$ I invested in this one! The boys love the hidden spider that I free motioned hanging by one of the trees. I love the binding (which is kinda hard to see in the pictures) I pieced it together with some scraps that were left over. Everyone that sees it tries to pick out their favorite tree! Which one do you like?





Can you find the spider? See it's bigger then me!

9 comments:

Sally said...

OH! MY! GOSH! I Love it so much! You could sell those!! You make me want to quilt again! Wish I could MAKE time. Do you quilt the design yourself or take it somewhere? And love the spider hanging from the tree, awesome!

You rock the quilts, Terri!

Julie Markham said...

I found the spider!! Oh, this is absolutely a gorgeous quilt! I know I never will, but a project this beautiful at least makes me consider quilting.

Emily Nutz O'Neal said...

Found the spider. You are one crazy, spider lovin mamma! Love the quilt, are you taking orders?

Chelsea said...

Um, I already commented on facebook, but wow again! I didn't realize it was a full sized one. That's wonderful. Did you quilt it yourself?

Carrie said...

Seeing it on the blog is more impressive because I now see just how HUGE it is! You are so talented. And I love the spider.

Terri said...

I used a pattern, there is no way I could have figured that out on my own. I guess I could start taking orders, but I'm pretty pricey :)
Yes, I quilted it all by myself!

Jardinefamily said...

If you change your mind. I will happily buy it from you:) That is so beautiful.

Mary Jane said...

It really IS AMAZING. I love that you put a spider in there, to give it a peice of YOU. YOU are so good at EVERYTHING YOU DO! I love IT!

Grandma Lil said...

I think I found the spider on your magnificent quilt. Was it in the last block? Or are my eyes failing me. Terri, my dear, you really do rock the quilts. Love you baby girl!!!! Thanks for putting it on the blog. Face book certainly doesn't do it justice.