Saturday, December 11, 2010

Nature and Nurture

What a glorious day for a nature walk! December in TX can really be quite nice.
We have loved Brazos Bend since we moved to the Houston area, and now we are only 20 minutes away, yeah! These gators are going to get sick of me.

Do you see some Gators? Can you find the little one sitting on the log?

 I see some cute boys!


 I think everybody had a good time.

 I enjoyed the trees, this one was a beauty, and even had a brach for picture taking.


We found of family of bearded freaks! They were nice enough to pose to let us take a picture.

But the best part of the day... The Alligator that caught and ate a western mud snake right in front of us!


Check out that action shot.. Isn't the snake pretty!


A very satisfied and happy gator.



5 comments:

Beth said...

Those snake/alligator shots are AWESOME.

Julie Markham said...

This is the best blog post ever!

Carolyn said...

We almost went there yesterday!! Call us next time you go, we'll meet up.

Grandma Lil said...

Love the smiling snake. Was he posing for you? You've always had a special thing with animals. Oh, and the bearded family, I'd stay away from them if I was you.

Jardinefamily said...

That picture of the gator snagging the snakes is to total awesome. I can't wait to show my boys the pictures.