Sunday, March 14, 2010

My lawn boys

It's not uncommon here in Texas to hire cheap help for lawn care, but how is this for cheep - Free!  Muhahahaha! Acutally, we did have donuts for breakfast and Shaved Ice after. (I know if you add it all up, it probably would have been cheaper to hire someone, but it would have been really awkward if I was taking pictures of that kind of lawn help!) We really didn't know what kind of helpers the boys would be, but they were really hard workers, and Matt and I got done so much faster with their help!  Plus they were the cutest workers ever!
Clearly, they can handle their share of work.  Ian kept trying to out-do his big brother, and Jason was willing to show him who had the "guns" in the family (check out those muscles!)
We even came across some little friends. I found a big black wooly catapiller, lots of little spiders, one giant grub, about a half a dozen lizards, and teensy little snake!  Here's Matt showing our new little friend off.  It was really sweet, Jason asked what we were going to do with it.  Matt replied, "It's not going to hurt us, so I'm not going to hurt it."  I love this man! We talked about how benefical snakes can be in your yard.  I hope my boys undersand how special nature can be!
Some of the weeds were bigger then Ian... and I'm afraid that the winner of this battle was the weed!
Last but not least, here's Ian scaling our fence to see what is going on on the other side. The impressive thing is not him climbing up, but him jumping down! Yikes- it's amazing we've had no broken bones yet!
Oh, and my lawn boys are for hire!

5 comments:

Mattamorphasis said...

The kids were a great help and the weather was beautiful. It may have been the perfect day. And there were no objects for Ian to use to climb the fence...he's just a little monkey!

Bapa said...

Wow! Great fun and great photos. Send those boys over to New Mexico to shovel my driveway.

Sally said...

They are pretty cute! I could use them here! We pay our kids a penny per weed...but we have SO many it really adds up! I don't weed because I hate being surprised with spiders (I scream a lot!)

Grandma Lil said...

I'm with Bapa, we could use some help "weeding" through the snow.

Anonymous said...

I would love to see all these kids. The family is so spread out that I don't know when I'll ever get the chance but they all have darling photos. Thanks for the posts.