Friday, September 17, 2010

Haven't you moved yet?

I keep getting the question "Haven't you moved yet"?  I know it's not supposed to sound like "what's the deal, how come we can't get rid of you, you big fat liar, didn't you say you were going to close already" but that's what my ears keep hearing.
No, we havn't moved yet.

I usualy don't like to post things till they've happened.  So mid-way news is not news to me, but because people are asking, here's the answer (and mabye because unpleasand news is not fun to repeat, and maybe because it seems like people want to get rid of me, and maybe because I like to write run-on sentences) whatever the reasons the simple explination is that we are held up on both houses in underwriting.  Our current home is getting held up because of the other properties the buyers have, I'm assured that everything is fine, they just need verification of everything, and it's taking longer then planned to get it, plus it's just hard to do things when you're moving across the country. Our new house is even more frustrating, the underwriter wanted to the appraisor to go back to one of the compariable houses to double check some meausurements.  Really, what does that have to do with my ablility to pay my mortgage? I was watching CNN (shocking I know- it was on at the gym) and they were saying how underwriting is taking twice as long as usual, and they are having to veryify everything, and how this is hurting the housing market.  Somehow this makes me feel a little better, at least the rest of America is going through the same thing.  What is frustrating is that we are living on air mattress in our own house, we have no furniture, no toys, no chairs, no entertainment (internet is not entertainment it's nessisary, like oxygen), we are living out of suitcases, and oh, yeah I turned off our gas.  The funny thing is, we are really doing fine, the boys are hanging in there like real troopers, the cat is happy that we are still all here, even if all the comfy places in the house are gone.  We are greatful for family and the things that we are we don't have now, but we will soon. I am well aware that this is just a blink of an eye in our lifetime and have the prespective to not be come stressed.  I just wish we had news... real news.

4 comments:

Mindy and Benjamin said...

hey terri-i just wanted to point out that i'm really really not trying to get rid of you. i would rather you stay. of course i was also trying to figure out if there's still a chance for a lollicup run...though for your sake i hope things get worked out soon and i'll stop bugging you with the annoying questions.

Julie Markham said...

Perspective is one of the most valuable tools for enduring. You can do this, and I'm glad your cat is not freaking out. (Coming from someone who has moved with cats.)

Kelli said...

I'm pretty sure people keep asking you those annoying questions because they care about you and what's happening with you. Not because they want you to hurry up and leave already. But I'm with Mindy, hope it all works out soon and I'll stop bugging you with those annoying questions too.

Jenna said...

haha! We went through the exact same thing before we moved to Wyoming. We were told to be ready to leave with in three days but it could take as long as a month. It ended up being 3 1/2 weeks. After going to the church for three weeks and getting "Why are you still here" from everyone we saw, we decided to attend another ward for our last Sunday. I know what it's like to live in limbo. It makes you very grateful for everything you have once you get it all back. :)We lived in a primitive state of existance for a whole year in Wy and could not wait to get home! Hang in there and good luck!