Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pics

I know what you want, but I'm just not ready to post house pictures yet... You'll just have to wait till it's ready, you're all voyeristic monsters! :)

You get my most recent Tri pictures and report!
Here is my cheering squad... they didn't really do anything, but that's okay they had a good time. I toyed with the idea of making signs and having them hold them, but it would be like me cheering for myself, and that wasn't as fun!  Matt was awesome, he was at every transition cheering for me on and being my personal photographer, Thanks Matt, for getting up early with me, being my personal roady, and being the best dad!
 

Can you see me?  (Don't worry, I can't see me either) I'm one of the people in the pink caps!
 I couldn't catch my breath when I first got in because the water was FREEZING!  I had stopped  training for the swim, and I was worried how it would go, (it was hard with the move to find a pool), but I dropped my time by almost a minute and came in 3rd overall in my age group. So no worries after all, I guess swimming is like riding a bike... but not really.
 The bike was much better this time around, I pushed a lot harder, and I got passed, but not as much, I even did some passing.  I felt great! It was the best part of the race!
The run... what can I say, you're tired, you're sore, you're legs feel like crap and your lungs were done working 10 mins ago. I pushed through, and ran the whole thing (slowly but I did it)!  It feels great to pass the 21 year old guy with the smokn' abs!


 I felt awesome when it was over! Check out my sweet medal (they were for first timers, and eventhough I did one before, when I signed up for this race I hadn't done one yet, and I got it at the end, oh-well!)
And yes, I am still wearing my medal!
Overall Time
‎1:16.31 431 out of 850 overall 5:30 Swim, 33:59 Bike, 32:20 Run!

5 comments:

Mindy and Benjamin said...

way to go terri! you are so amazing!!

Sally said...

You're my hero!!! :)

Grandma Lil said...

You're awesome, Terri. I am very proud of you. Way to go!!!

Carrie said...

You are totally my hero. Someday maybe I'll face a Tri. First I have to relearn how to swim & bike . . .

Jardinefamily said...

You go girl...come do the one up in St. George with me next May!!! I would love to do one with you.