Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A few odds and ends

Here are a few pictures from some of the things we've done in the last little while.

This is a quilt I did for my friend, Amber. The fabric is dragonflies and butterflies! I hope it will go well in her Butterfly nursery. And in case you were wondering this is the quilt that I sewed through my finger, while I was doing the free motion on it. Ouch, at least some blood, sweat, and tears went into this one.




Our Gingerbread House! Isn't it pretty and yummy too! Seriously my hand was hurting after piping the frosting (Spackle) that we used to hold the house together. I'm entirely sure that if we had a mind too, the house would stand up to hurricane force winds... actually, I think its better put together then the house we live in, and clearly more festive!




Here are the master decorators! Oh look I still have my 5lb bag of hot tamales, I was able to use a few of them on the house.



I had some little elves helped decorate the tree (yes, if you must know, some ornaments may have been moved to higher branches after hours)


6 comments:

Julie Markham said...

Hi Terri, I'm going to build a gingerbread house with Dave's kids when they come for Christmas. What kind of frosting did you use? The quilt is beautiful -- and your personal touch was thoughtful. :-)

Sally said...

Love all the stuff you do! I still cringe at the thought of your finger...

Terri said...

Julie, I don't like to make royal frosting, so just make a butter cream and use wilton meringue powder.

Grandma Lil said...

The quilt is lovely and so is the gingerbread house.

Jardinefamily said...

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas....wishing we were down there with you and better weather. We take off to NM in two days. We will call you on Christmas day!!!

Kelli said...

I'm not so sure the gingerbread house is that much more festive than your own house. You guys are rockin' the christmas lights!