Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tree Skirt

I've been wanting to make a tree skirt for awhile, We've had the same one that we bough for our first Christmas together in 98! (Yep, it's kinda lame, and really cheap, it's made out of felt!) Joani (my Mom-in-law) got me some fabric and a pattern for my birthday this year, I was so excited. Of course, I only sorta followed the design (because I'm a rebel) and it still turned out okay! What a surprise. At least it's better then my cheepy Fred Meyer tree skirt I had before. Yes, I know it's December 22nd, we can still live in style for a couple more days.


I moved all the presents out of the way so that I could put the new one on, I'm a silly girl! Oh, and the presents still are not back in place because I like looking at the tree skirt. Hmm, maybe that's why we lived with our cheep tree skirt for so long, you don't actually see them because they are covered with presents.

At least Vai, likes it!

In case you're wondering, it took just a couple of hours to do (including a trip to the store to get the backing fabric!)

9 comments:

Emily said...

Lovely... at least your original was from a store. I bought white and red felt and glued cut out santas, snowmen and snowflakes on a piece of red fabric! It was horrible.

Jana said...

ooooh... perty! :) I'd leave the presents off too.

Beth said...

A few hours?! This would be a big project for me. You're such a pro, Terri!

Sally said...

I WANT ONE!!! I should really say, "I want YOU to make me one!" :)

Kelly said...

Good job Terri!!

Chelsea said...

How beautiful and classy! Now I want to make one.....

Grandma Lil said...

Really beautiful, Ter. Can I place an order for one of those, too?

Mattamorphasis said...

That looks great, Ter. Can I place an order for one too? ...Wait. Nevermind, I think I already have one just like it.

Mary Jane said...

Amazing, really! It only took you 2 hours? You are a true pro Terri! Did you make any cool designs that were hiding?