Friday, August 15, 2008

Rebecca: Book Review

Book Review: Rebecca - I give it **** 1/2 Spiders (some call them stars, whatever!)

I just finished Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier, we were reading it for book club this month. I am not sure who recommended it, but I am so glad that they did. Rebecca took me by surprise, I don't know what I was expecting, but I really liked it and it kept me guessing the whole time. I stayed up way too late night before last, just because I couldn't put it down. I am so glad for some really fun books that turned me on to literature, both classic and contemporary. As I am sure my mother could tell you, I used to hate reading, but now It's truly one of my favorite things. I am always afraid to recommend books, because, well everybody likes different things, but if you want an interesting read pick up Rebecca. If you have read it, I am interested in what you thought of it, put your ideas in the comments.

P.S. I love YouTube! When I was finished with Rebecca, I watched the whole 1940 version of Rebecca on youtube. I wouldn't recommend the movie... unless you like old Hitchcock films, it's very dated and although it's a very close representation to the book there is one or two major changes that irritated me.
I think I'm done with my rambling. Have a great weekend.

1 comment: