Monday, August 11, 2008

Ummm is this still good?


On Friday, I was up in the attic looking for something, and I ran across a box that said "Matt's toys". I figured that the boys would enjoying playing with Matt's old transformers and some of his "old school" Star Wars figures. We had so much fun going through the box and discovering all sorts of fun toys. I have always loved Cringer/Battle Cat but I never asked for one because it was a Heman toy and I was a girl (girls don't play with Heman stuff)! I was so excited about finally getting a Battle Cat! Matt also had the Dino-Bots which are also mine now! Well, In the box of toys we found this certificate for a free sundae at McDonald's.... Check out the date on it "valid November 1st through December 31st 1987" Yep, it's 21 years old! I got a kick out of the length of time my husband will hold on to a useless piece of paper... the funny thing is, how could I possibly throw it away now!
But thanks to Matt, Ian loves Megatron (because he's a gun) and Jason has gone to bed with Luke and "Old" obi-one for the past two nights, and I have toys that I couldn't have as a little girl!

3 comments:

Grandma Lil said...

I think you should save the coupon. Stuff like that could be very valuable in the future. It's not taking up any room. I'd keep it. It might make your sons wealthy some day.

Mattamorphasis said...

What I think is funny is that the coupon is clearly decorated for Halloween, yet the valid dates don't even include October at all... is it a post-Halloween Halloween coupon?

Jardinefamily said...

Did you find Omega Supreme. All matt wanted one Christmas was Omega Supreme. If he still has him will he share him? James is having some issues sharing his toys with Sam and Mo (mostly Mo). Sam is way into transformers right now. He loves poptipus pri (optimus prime).