Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Old MacDonald's Farm

Ian and I went to Old MacDonald's Farm today with our playgroup. I had never really wanted to go because in theory farm animal are nasty, filthily, and poo covered things, but in reality, I am sucker for all types of animals, sure I probably have salmonella now, but hey, we had so much fun. I kept telling all the animals how delicious they were. Ian and I even had meatball sandwiches that I made from ground turkey, and the turkeys still followed us around. Some of the highlights were the very tame deer, the pony rides, and the eieio train depot (it's funny because it rhymes)! We picked out pumpkins, played on the playgrounds and looked at all the animals. Ian was terrified of the rabbits! I guess he has been watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail behind my back. Oh, and I'd like to thank the good people at "Purell" and "Wet Ones" for their continuing effort in germ fighting.

Yummy Deer!My friend Lucy and I with some deer (you can see my black nail polish... cool)!
Ian was a little afraid the first ride. He got over it!
3 Turkeys!


Pumpkin Patch!I touched an Emu!

Sly Smile (he was so excited to ride)

Pony Rides!

Ride-um Cowboy!

Yikes long post... sorry!

6 comments:

Grandma Lil said...

Ian, you are such a handsome young man....yummy good looks, and you look like such a natural cowboy on that horse. Just want to eat you up.

Carrie said...

I don't know which impressed me more - the turkey following you around even when you were eating meatball sandwiches OR the fact that you actually posted the same day it happened. What a concept!

Carrie said...

Oh, and by the way - your emu picture is pretty awesome. The black nail polish too.

Mindy and Benjamin said...

Maybe it's Ian's haircut or something...but he is looking so old all of the sudden. Looks like you guys had a fun time!

Sally said...

Awesome pics! Ian looks so grown up!

Jardinefamily said...

The picture of you and Ian in the train looks so much like Jason--is it jason? What fun. I hear you about the petting zoo. I sneeze just thinking about it.