Monday, March 16, 2009

Halfway to 60!

Yes, this year Matt truly needed to give heed to the warning "Beware the Ides of March" for on this day of this year, he turned 30. I'll need to check with Cesar, but I think that Matt got the better end of that warning.
Saturday we went out and celebrated a dinner without the kids (thanks Sells!) We went to Hubbell & Hudson for dinner. WOW, if you live in the Houston area you need to check it out. Hubbell & Hudson is a market, a bistro and a cooking school. The Market was really fun, if you are at all interested in healthy, organic foods and gourmet eating you need to stop by. The food at the Bistro was aaahhhhhhhhhhh, sorry it was just too good for words. We're already planning our next trip back, however we need to save a little money before we can go again, which reminds me, thanks Joani for paying for our meal!

Saturday was also Pi day (3.14 march 14th) so we had some pie to celebrate, which turned into birthday pie for Matt's birthday.
Happy Birthday Honey!
Here are the top 30 reason that I love Matt- you can stop reading if you want to :)
1) You're my Mad Scientist
2) You're super smart
3) You're hilarious!
4) You're so handsome
5) You're are a talented guitar player - you can be such a rock star, and I love it!
6) You play the piano like a master!
7) You can write amazing music, and riffs.
8) You're even a awesome bass player -grumble grumble, just remember who's bass it is!
9) You're such a good artist
10) You're the best dad!
11) You still know how to play and have fun
12) I love that you're so level headed, it's a perfect antidote to my ...ahem... flighty ways
13) You're crazy clean
14) You make me a better person
15) I love your testimony
16) You do things that are hard or unpleasant because it's right, you never take the easy road - I really admire that
17) You're a total nerd! And I love it!
18)You can quote the Simpson, star wars and know Tolkien better then anyone I know!
19) You have beautiful GREEN eyes!
20)You're getting so healthy!
21)You laugh at my jokes.
22) You're always up for anything, especally if I want to.
23) You have an amazing memory
24) You make me laugh
25) "I don't believe that" - should be you're middle name :) But you're always right, so I adore that about you.
26) You love our cat! Ha ha ha
27) You take Jason to the bus every morning, I think that's so precious!
28) Our boys adore you!
29) You're a really good painter (kitchen, cough cough)
30)You're my best friend.
Hmm, I could go on and on, I feel like I was just hitting my stride, oh well this list is long enough, and if you read the whole thing, I'm impressed. Add you favorite thing about Matt in the comments. Also what kind of Pie did you eat for Pi day?
Matt, You're totally you, and I am glad I have know you for more then half of you're 30 years. Happy Birthday love!

8 comments:

Sally said...

That was so sweet! My favorite thing about Matty is his sense of humor! I miss that! Happy Birthday!!

And I'm sorry I didn't know it was pi day, next time I WILL remember it...because it's an excuse to eat pie! :)

Julie Markham said...

Happy birthday Matt! Yes, I need to remember pi day, too.

Grandma Lil said...

I love that Matt will play scrabble with me. And I also love that he loves my quirqy daughter. Guess it takes one to love one.

Cannon Clan said...

happy birthday matt. i love your funny giggle, when you get going its hard not to join in. miss you!

Terri said...

Good call Heidi! He does have an awesome giggle, I call it the "tongue giggle" because his tongue makes an apperance when he giggles :)

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday Matt! Hope it was a good one!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday old man. I can say that because I'm older than you! My favorite thing about Matt is he is the brother that I never had but always wanted.

Mattamorphasis said...

You're so sweet Emily! Since I'm like a brother, does that mean I'm obligated to pick on you?

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes, everyone. Love you all!


PS: I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of said tongue giggle.