Thursday, August 26, 2010

Procrastinating? Yeah, Maybe a little...

What I should be doing is packing, packing and more packing, but I needed a little break and I thought I would fill you in on the exciting twist and turns of our life.

Were to begin.... Well, we are looking to move closer to Matt's work, so we decide to contact a realtor to sell our house. Our realtor comes over and has me fill out paperwork, I need Matt to sign so I keep the documents, and she is going to pick them up the next day. She comes over the next day to get our paperwork, and she needs to take some pictures of the house. When she's over, she casually mentions she might have sold our house... (What? It's not even on the market!) She calls me later that day and has some clients that want to come and take a look at the house. I get a call that evening telling me that they want to make an offer! WOW! House sold - Check. I can't even stress how strange this is, there are 5 houses just on our street for sale, and there have been some that have been on the market for 6+ months. We are shocked and excited, and now... a little stressed, we need to close by Sept 7th. Yikes! Did I mention that we don't even have a place to live?


We spent all day Saturday looking for houses closer to Matts work, we found one (okay 3) we really liked, we put on offer down on our favorite. So we are have contract on our new house, we are waiting to get all the loan stuff taken care of (which most likely will not be done by the 7th). I am packing, looking for a storage units to store all of our stuff while we are in limbo, trying to book moving trucks, and find temporary housing while between when we move out and when we can move in.  I keep gettin a little weepy when I think about moving away from all of our wonderful, friends, but I remind myself that if they are good friends, they will come and visit me (hint hint).
Although things are only going to get busier during the next couple of weeks, we are feeling very blessed and thankful for all that we have, and all the blessing we recieve.

Here is a picture of our new house... I'll post more when we move in and decorate (and maybe a few along the way)

6 comments:

Julie Markham said...

Moving is ALWAYS stressful. The best advice I can give you is get rid of as much as you can beforehand. In the end it will all work out! And I need your new address, please.

Bapa said...

Wow! That was fast. I am a little confused. Has your offer on your new house been accepted?

Jardinefamily said...

it sounds like it was meant to be. I hope there is plenty of room in that new house for family to impose on you :)

Jana said...

such a beautiful home!! and from the looks of it you don't share a wall with anyone. Yippee!!

Emily said...

huge yard...you should get a pigmy goat.

Kelli said...

Awesome new house! It's beautiful! Glad everything is working out, even though right now it's kinda stressful!