Monday, April 4, 2011

Matt, Pi, Cake, Presents, & Running

We celebrated the geekiest of holidays, Pi day! If you love Math or if you're nerdy enough to be married to someone who does, then you must remember that Pi day is March 14th (that's 3-14 for you slow people out there). For some reason, you celebrate pi day by eating pie (maybe because they are circles... who knows).
We discovered the the best apple cobbler, and then we combined it with Blue Bell pecan praline and carmel ice cream (yes, I have turned into that kind of Texan, bluebell is simply the best ice cream), omnomnom.  We also had a key lime pie, but it was just okay (still searching for a good store bought key lime).  Here's what we did on Pi day.... 2(pi) +I = yummy  (where I= ice cream)

Matt had a Birthday shout Hooray!
I gave Matt just what he wanted... cleaning supplies (and some candy too). 
I made the BEST birthday cake, it was so good.

A week long of eating leftover cake and pie... sounds like it'a time for a run!

 Matt ran his first race, it so happens that his first race ever is a half marathon! We got up early (thankfully you don't have to wake up too early for races where you only run, and you don't have to worry about too much gear). Grandma Lil and Grandpa Frank came to visit so I didn't have to drag the kids out of bed early, we had a great time being together without kids.  If Matt was nervous you couldn't tell. I felt great, it was fun to be at a race and not be racing! I know Matt was worried about his old-man knees, but they held out great. He did wonderfully and did his race in half the time it took for me to do mine.




 Honestly he wasn't even tired after his race, he even made a yummy lunch right after he got home.  The boys and I were at the finish to cheer him on.  He came in 9th in his age group and 142nd overall out of over 700 people (I wish I was fast). Matt Cannon you're my hero! I can't wait to see how fast he can do the next one!

5 comments:

Mattamorphasis said...

Ironically, the apple cobbler pie was not circular, it was rectuanular. Does that qualify as pi-day blasphemy?

Sally said...

You guys are so funny! Love your pi-day tradition!

Good job on the race Matt! My Dr. laughed out loud when I said I wanted to run the St. George Marathon! Nice! :) Maybe someday I'll be as cool as you guys!

Cannon Clan said...

happy birthday matt! awesome work on your big run!

Jardinefamily said...

You rock Matt! Those are great pictures Terri got of you. I wish I was fast too Terri. Oh well, keep running, swimming, biking. Matt, when are you going to buy your road bike:)

Bapa said...

Matt spent his birthday afternoon holding his mom's hand after she came out of surgery. I will forever remember that.