Sunday, January 18, 2009

Keeping Busy With Crafts

I have been busy quilting for two of my friends that are due to have babies any day now, and I couldn't put the pictures up until their showers. The blue quilt with the roman squares is for my friend Shelley's baby and the smaller quilt is for her daughter who is one of my favorite little friends (so she can use it on her dolls). The cupcakes and the pink quilt were for Kelli. We had a fairy themed baby shower. The cupcakes turned out cute in the end... but for a while they looked like a dog ate a fairy and pooped it out (apparently wings do not digest well). I decided I needed to change the consistency of the frosting and I used a different tip... they looked much better (and they didn't taste like dog poo).









9 comments:

Sally said...

Very awesome! You are really talented! If I get to have another baby I want one of those! :)

Phil said...

I must say, those quilts were amazing! And the cupcakes were delicious. (I ate ALL my frosting!)

Carrie said...

You are such a talented quilter! BEAUTIFUL. And the fairy wings were quite cute (and tasty). Pink fiary wings - most impressive coming from a mom of two boys. :)

Sara said...

Great job, Terri!!!! Wish I coulda been there.... mmmm, fairy cupcakes....

Kelli said...

You're awesome! Thanks for a fun shower and an amazing quilt and the super cute (and delicious) little butterfly cupcakes! I'm not sure what I did to deserve so many wonderful things but I guess I did something right! Thanks Terri! You're the best!

Cannon Clan said...

how fun terri i love the quilts! that must have been a lot of work!

Grandma Lil said...

As usual the quilts are quite beautiful. Talent runs in the family...you know what they say. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. And the fairy wings...wow, quite delicate. I liked my post, too.

Chelsea said...

Oooh. How did you do the fairy wings? Those are totally neato!

Emily said...

fun...dog poop? Nice quilts too.