Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Slide Show of The Host Signing

The Video is working now!

The long awaited night arrived. Friday we were lucky enough to see Stephenie Meyer and get our books signed. Here is a quick recap of the night. We waited in line to get in the building... waited in our seats for her to come. Listened to the Q&A about The Twilight Series and The Host. Yippee, she answered my question that I submitted on tuesday! We waited in line to get our book signed. (Alright, I need to back up here. I felt like the only person there that had actually read the book we were there for... granted it only came out two days before, but I was busting at the seams to talk to anyone about it!) Okay, back to the recap, It's my turn to get my book signed, Stephenie Meyer is the only person I've had a chance to talk with that has actually read the book. So of course, I have to mention my favorite character and why, she perks right up and starts talking to me about how this person developed (so cool!) Then I tell her my tag line that I made up, she loved it and said I should put it on a shirt! All the Barns and Noble people thought it was good too. I totally took all of Kelli's time to talk to Stephenie. I really do feel bad about that, but luckily Kelli still talks to me! On our way out we get our picture taken by one of the workers and she asks us where we go to High School, it was so flattering! We finished off the night with dinner and a LOT of laughing. We really had a blast! Thanks Kelli and Cara for a super fun night!

Some Fun Facts....

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer the 3rd book in the Twilight Series kicked Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows off the #1 spot on the Best Seller list.

Stephenie Meyer has published 4 books and they are all still on the best seller lists.

The Host has been out for 1 week and it is in the #7 spot for Borders/Amazon best seller list.

The Host is not a part of the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn the 4th book in the Twilight Series will be out August 2nd.

6 comments:

Sally said...

Holy Cow! That is really cool! I'm glad you got to meet her and that she answered YOUR question! You are a groupie!!! :)

Warnick Family said...

You are a woman of many talents! That was amazing, Terri! You and Kelli are some of the best dates I've ever had :) See ya later, girlie!

Kelli said...

Awesome vid! You are so funny! Can I just say...28? 28? Duh I'm like 25! ;) Actually I was feeling my (real) age that night. I'm sure some of teeny boppers thought what is that old lady doing here? Although we did see that one senior citizen so I guess I wasn't the OLDEST person there...

Terri said...

Hey mattamorphasis, It could be worse, we could be GUYS reading a vampire romance, or worse Adult guys with children. Boys who read this book are gay. I heard that one guy read the series in 2 weeks... twice! ;}

Mattamorphasis said...

Wow, Terri, that guy does sound like he's totally gay. If I were him (which I'm obviously not) I would read twilight in the closet where he belongs.

Grandma Lil said...

Groupie, what was you question? The one that the author answered.