Monday, December 29, 2008

Texas Gators

Today was beautiful and warm, a perfect day for alligator viewing. Brazos Bend State Park is fast becoming my favorite place to go in the Houston area.
Here is Jason petting a 4 month old gator.

Two Alligators hanging out in the lake.


This is our Alligator friend who was enjoying the warm weather just like the rest of us. I don't know if he needed to hang out quite so close to the path, but it made some great pictures.


Doesn't he look warm and happy.

A view from the path, looking out on the lake. Isn't it beautiful

This picture was taken from the observation tower, you can see how close he was to the trail.

Oh, and the boys had fun playing and running too!
There were so many fun things about the park, we enjoyed the visitors center where we got to pet the baby gators, and even pet a tarantula (not that we can't do that at home). We saw some amazing birds, and fun turtles and even snakes. And I can't forget how beautiful it was, oh, and did I mention it's DECEMBER 29th!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

wasn't the weather just great today!!!

Grandma Lil said...

We're having a warming trend. It should get up to 35 in Los Alamos today. Looks like you had a great time. Do the gators ever attack humans? They're so close. It would scare me.

Carrie said...

We've got to get down there sometime. I can't believe we still haven't gone - it looks like so much fun!

Sally said...

I can't believe how close that gator was?! That's crazy! I am missing the warm weather but still enjoy some aspects of the snow.

Jardinefamily said...

I want to go here when we come down. My boys will love it.