Thursday, December 4, 2008

Past..Present...Future

Past: We just got back from New Mexico and my Grandma's funeral. The services were lovely and she looked so peaceful. It was fun to learn some stories about my Grandma and laugh at her strong personality that has been passed on in her children and (cough) grandchildren. There were some tears, but mostly there was laughter, smiles and sense of family. I couldn't help reflect on my faith and the Savior's Plan of Salvation. I am grateful to have a knowledge and an understanding of the gospel and to know that death must come to all men, but it is only the end of our mortal life, we should rejoice the passing of our loved ones, and live our lives now so that we can live with them again. After the Funeral I was visiting with my Grandma Sipi (my dad's mom) we were reflecting on the amount of people that came to the Funeral mass and the other services and she said that my Grandma was up in Heaven and pleased because she finally got so many people to come to church.










Present: One of the best parts was reconnecting with all of my first cousins on my Mom's side. It may have been the first time we were all together! My grandmother had 17 grandchildren, 33 great grandchildren, and 3 great-great! WOW!

Future: I had fun with my cousins, and it was wonderful to see the next generation doing the same. I really liked this picture of Mike (Matt's dad) playing with the boys, I felt like that's what our trip was about making memories, remembering loved ones, and looking toward the future!


Well, I feel like I just wrote a talk on family history, sorry! Anyway I am grateful for my Family, past, present and future, and my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Good memories... especially our game of Taboo :)

4 comments:

Grandma Lil said...

Lovely tribute, Terri. Thanks for coming to NM. Your little guys are such nice young men. All of my grandchildren are sooooooooo special.

Sally said...

Wow, Ter, inspirational! I am so sick that we missed you guys! We could've played with you all day Saturday! WAH! I am glad you had a good trip though.

Julie Markham said...

I'm glad you had a good time and that Bapa and Joani got to spend quality time with Jason and Ian.

Mary Jane said...

Terri,

I am so sorry for your loss of your grandma- she really seemed like such a neat lady. I am so glad I've gotten to know you better this year. You are a real remarkable person- and have so many great qualities. Just know that we are thinking about you and your family at this time.