Monday, April 6, 2009

Some Random Thoughts

So I have some thoughts kicking around in my head today, I though I would share my warped randomness with anyone who cares

- So this is weird : 2009 is a year for Holiday Birthdays for us! Ian's birthday is April 12th and this year April 12th is on EASTER! Jason's Birthday is Nov. 26th and this year November 26th is THANKSGIVING. What are the odds of that happening? Both my kids have birthdays near moving holidays and this year it hits them both. I was trying to figure out the odds, but since I don't have a calendar to tell me when the spring equinox happens each year, I can't figure it out. UPDATE: I did a little (okay lots) of research- The next time is will happen will be in 2093!!!

- Grateful: So we were leaving a restaurant this weekend, and I noticed those restaurant high-chairs, and I couldn't be more grateful that I never have to put my child into one of those truly disgusting things ever ever again!!! Yuck!

- When will I learn: When will I get it through my hard head that movies made from books are never ever as good as the book, even if it's a decent movie, it still can't compare, and then half the time they take away the charm that makes the book special. I just finished Marley and Me and hurried to redbox... yep, a total disappointment. Sure it may have been a cute movie, had I not read the book, but I don't know if I would have even watched the movie if I didn't read it first. I still probably didn't learn my lesson, I'm sure I'll get my hopes up again for the next movie that rolls around.

8 comments:

Julie Markham said...

I think it's marvelous that your kids' birthdays fall on major holidays this year. Here's a link to an equinox calendar, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vernal_equinox but you have to do the math.

Emily Nutz O'Neal said...

Are your hopes up for new moon, coming out in november?

Carrie said...

I still haven't seen Marley and Me for that precise reason. I'm itching to see it, but maybe not. Crazy that you have two holiday boys this year!

Terri said...

Okay, So I did a little reasearch the next time the boys will both have their birthdays on holidays will be in the year 2093 Jason will be 91 and Ian will be 88!

And yes, I do have hopes for New Moon... why oh why???

Sara said...

Movies are just moving fanfiction. Cae in point... (you know it's coming)... Harry Potter. Psh. Shyeah.

On another note... do you read much Neil Gaiman? I just picked up Anansi Boys and totally thought of you (especially near the end) while I was reading it! You should check it out! :)

Phil said...

I felt the same way about Marley. Major disappointment in comparison to the book. But I should have known, since the part I liked best about the book was the writing style.

Emily said...

wicked strange...btw I hate movies from books EXCEPT LOTR. That is my only exception because it surpassed my imagination.

Sally said...

That is random! And I want to see the movie THEN read the book. But you're right they are never as good!

So are you calling yourself a "book snob"??? :)