Thursday, May 21, 2009

Solutions!

Sorry folks, not the most exciting posts, I'm just doing my daily post for Matt, and since it involves his house he might like to see it, I don't expect anyone else to care.

This project was to remove our horrible vinyl blinds that hung by our front door. Basically those cheep blinds attract children, and then children have a desire to touch them, and bend them, and destroy them in all ways. We looked into custom ordering new wood blinds for the space (don't ask me why the smallest window is the most expensive). We tried to find a number of solutions, and since Matt doesn't get to argue with me about this one, Solution: Make sheer curtains (so light still comes in) bunch them so there is some privacy and attach them with rods at the top and bottom so they are nice and neat.
Okay, I gotta admit, I'm a little impressed with my handy work!

Project #2 - Our hutch used to have bright gold handles, we tried to replace them the pulls are an odd size, I would have to take it to an antique dealer, furniture restorater, or have them custom made (all sound more expensive then it's worth) Solution... Spray paint!!! Yep, a couple bucks and I'm good! Bye Bye ugly gold!

Not really a project, but I wanted a plant to fill the space above our fridge. Matt's request was that I get a black pot. That should have been a easy request, but I couldn't find the size I like that worked with our style and that wasn't $$$. Solution... hmm, $2 terracotta with the spray paint I already bought for the handles.
I think I have a problem, I enjoy spray paint way too much. For some reason I didn't get a chance to spray paint as a teen (that's when you learn how fun it is), and I've been living without it for way too long! I'm a grown woman and I'm giggling while spray painting (it could have been the fumes), I'm a little worried that I'm a can away from becoming a tagger! Watch out Spring, look for TERRI written on your walls soon!
I'm going to go find something that need to be spray painted (I've always wanted a black cat!)

7 comments:

Julie Markham said...

Terri, I'm loving Matt being gone. Your posts this week are so much fun!

Carrie said...

Looks like the spray paint projects were a huge success! Hooray for saving $ - we did the same thing on the dressers in our bedroom and it made a huge difference.

Mattamorphasis said...

I think you're nuts. I like the blinds and the hutch pulls...I'm not sure how I feel about the spray-painted pot on the fridge, though. However, I'll reserve final judgement until I see it in person. It's fun to see you goion project crazy, especially since I'm not around to witness any resulting mess.

Hey, only two more days I'll be home!!

Love ya.

Kelly said...

I LOVE IT!

Sally said...

LOL, we are addicted to spray paint in out home too! It's cheap, fun, and easy! K, that sounds bad...

Maybe we need to start a "meeting"

Emily Nutz O'Neal said...

oh terri, you are so funny! i also just recently discovered spray paint and you are right, it is super fun. i love the curtain by the front door, i have a feeling jake was one of those children sucked in like a moth to a flame...

Phil said...

I think your 'tag' should be a spider symbol. I saw a blank space on the hardy toll overpass that could really use your attention. :)
p.s. so fun to sit by you for a second today. can we play for real soon? you can come spray paint the *&%^# dogs.