Friday, May 22, 2009

State of the House Address

Today is my 4th official day in office as chief of our house. I am happy to report that many of my goals have been accomplished as stated in my swearing in early Tuesday morning. Some of the more impressive accomplishments have been covered by the media (my blog). I am pleased with all of the reconstruction and renovation that has been taken place. Unfortunately the sewing room is in ruin because of it's excessive use during my time in office. Most of the other rooms are in good condition and need only a mild vacuuming. The people have been taken care of, and there are no wars to report. There have been some mild skirmishes on our turf, but they have been resolved with peace talks, timeouts and I did have to withhold some exports (video games) to ensure peace. The people seem to be in good spirits with my trip to the store there will be no famine in this land. The economy is holding steady even with the reorganization of our house. There is room in our budget for a table centerpiece which I have not yet acquired, I am hopeful that with the remainder of my term I will be able to find a suitable one. I would like to thank everyone that supported me during my term.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

you are so funny! I think you have too much time on your hands now that your projects are complete! Way to keep it together Chief!!!!

Julie Markham said...

Take the plant from the top of the fridge and make it your centerpiece and put junk on your fridge like everyone else has. Hail to the Chief!

Sally said...

It's hard to be the Chief! But you make it look easy!

Carl & Rosemarie Brauning said...

Ha-stinkin-larious! LOVE IT! My sewing room is in turmoil, could you sprinkle a little of your peace and vacuuming my way? LOL...

Grandma Lil said...

Terri, you are so funny. You should consider writing a book. Seriously...Erma Bombeck wrote about everyday stuff and it was funny, your stuff is way funnier.

Mattamorphasis said...

I'm used to you "humor" and I don't find it amusing at all. In fact, you sicken me. And, Julie, I'm surprised to hear any Cannon suggest an idea that promotes disorder of any kind, even if it is tucked away on a fridge. If you don't watch it you may find yourself bannished from the family. And, Terri, upon my return there will be a massive military coup and my tyrannical regime will be reinstated and that will be the end of your fun and productivity!

--End of Transmission

Warnick Family said...

Oh my heck! Matt and Terri, you two are hilarious! Boy, do I miss you guys!