Monday, May 4, 2009

Guy's Campout

Matt took the boys on their first camping trip (it was our ward's annual "fathers and sons") The boys had so much fun, Matt kept commenting on how great it was and how smoothly the trip went. Jason and Ian loved their glow sticks (which was apparently convenient when locating your child in the dark), they liked roasting hot dogs, sleeping in the tent (till daddy came in and told them to stop talking), playing with their friends and putting sticks in the fire. Oh, and how could I forget about marshmallows, and Hershey's... Yum yum!
Ian is pointing at a spider web for me!


The campsite was by a lake... hmm quite different from camping in New Mexico!

Jason was playing baseball with some dads who don't have any sons yet! Roasting hot dogs, aren't they getting big!
Now, I know what you're thinking... poor Terri, didn't you want to go? Heck NO, I had a fabulous girls night out with some friends. Kelli & I decided to invite some people out to Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Kelly's b-day. So we had a good dinner and then filled up on yummy cheesecake. We took such a long time at dinner because, we didn't have kids and we could enjoy visiting, it was great! After dinner and a stop at the mall, we went to Kelli's house to watch Australia (Hunky Hugh Whoo-hoo)! We stayed up way too late... but it didn't matter, I was able to sleep in! They guys were home around noon and I was actually missing them...a little, one of the first things out of Jason's mouth was that I was "the worst mother ever"... hmmm, maybe next year they could go camping for a week instead of just a day. :)

5 comments:

Stuff said...

I love the picture by the lake. Too cute!

Sally said...

LOL, your guys are so cute!

Tom and Zack have so much fun when they go...too bad I don't get a break like you though, with 3 girls left at home. But we still do something fun, just girly.

My mouth started watering at your mention of Cheesecake Factory! I've only been there once and it is the devil! I'm gaining weight just thinking about it! :)

Julie Markham said...

Corinne and I always LOVED the fathers and sons camp outs. Maybe way more than the guys. I'm glad everyone had a great time!

Grandma Lil said...

Cute boys. Looks like they had a agreat time. By the way, why are you the worst mother ever? I think you're pretty great.

Emily Nutz O'Neal said...

Matt takes nice pictures. I'm glad you got some girls time, it's funny that you LOVE your kids and that you can LOVE being away from them!! Jason must be confused, your the best.

Its funny you bloged about this, Ryan was just out of town for a week fishing. I was alone with the kids and bonus - they were sick. I told him for Mothers Day I would like him to take the kids somewhere far away for the weekend. I'M the worst mother ever!