Friday, November 14, 2008

Couldn't have said it better myself...

Couldn't have said it better myself... that's why I am not a world renowned author. I found this Quote by J.K. Rowling today. She was talking about Harry walking into the forest in Deathly Hallows and his fate as the "Chosen One." The Quote isn't about him though... it's about the rest of us.

"The destinies of wizards and princes might seem more certain than those carved out for the rest of us, yet we all have to choose the manner in which we meet life: whether to live up (or down) to the expectations placed upon us; whether to act selfishly, or for the common good; whether to steer the course of our lives ourselves, or to allow ourselves to be buffeted around by chance and circumstance."


Speaking of quoting people... here is a gem from Ian today. He was holding my hand in the walmart parking lot, and he kept hurrying trying to get in front of me and turning around at the same time. I asked him what he was doing and he said "Stop getting your shadow on me!" And he was right, when we walked side by side my shadow was overtaking his shadow, so he was pulling ahead and checking behind to make sure his shadow was untainted. I love how he made it sound like my shadow was a disease, what a nut!

4 comments:

Sally said...

That is a good quote. And whatever, you could totally be a writer with your wit and creativity! :)

Mattamorphasis said...

I love the crazy things Ian says and does. He's at a such a fun age... so why do I find myself longing for the days when our boys are grown up?

Emily said...

I hate your shadow too. JK

Grandma Lil said...

Terri, your shadow "is" a disease. Yeah, Terri, have you ever thought of writing?