Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween!!!

Help Me Obi-One Kanobi... We need Halloween Costumes!



I really wanted to make some fun Halloween costumes this year, but my kids had other ideas. Jason wanted to be a Jedi... like he has been for the past 4 years. I tried to convince him otherwise, but he said if he couldn't be a Jedi (Anikin) he didn't want to dress up at all (ugh). Fine! So I convinced Ian to be R2D2, however... it was soon apparent that he would have nothing to do with the costume, but Jason thought it would be fun to be R2 (Yeah!). So I asked Ian what he wanted to be and he said "a snake" (how do you make a snake costume?) Legs and arms are necessary for a 3 year old kid that falls A LOT. So I made a 12 ft long boa constrictor, and wrapped him in it. He loved it! We even taught him the "I'm being swallowed by a boa constrictor" song, he was so cute singing it! We soon discovered that 12ft snakes and 3 ft kids don't mix for long, he couldn't wear it for longer then 5 min at a time... not conducive for trick-or-treating! Oh-well, so I put the Jedi robe and tunic on Ian and headed out to trick-or-treat. Jason told me that he needed Princess Leia, and out came the Leia costume from last year, minus a few details. So that's the costume story, long and random, but it all worked out in the end.


My Jedi (Ian) and the Coolest R2D2 EVER!


Here is Ian in his snake costume, and Matt with the Awesome Black widow that he drew for our ward Halloween Party (pin the hourglass on the widow).

8 comments:

Kelly said...

You guys are all so cute! I just realized how much Ian looks like Matt...

Grandma Lil said...

Awesome costumes, Terri. Does Jason feel well? Pink cheeks, etc. Looks like he was running a temp. At any rate, you guys all looked awesome and Matt's spider is also very great.

Emily said...

I love the "Help me Obi..." great touch. We should have filmed us singing "duh duh duh duh snap snap, etc....the addams family." Remember our R2D2 snow man?

Terri said...

No mom, the picture was taken at our ward halloween party, there was lots of running around! He's just flushed...
And yes the R2D2 snowman was so awesome, I think I still have the picture of it! Em, you should post it on your blog and pretend it's new! :)

Julie Markham said...

Your boys devotion to Star Wars remains one of the last true hopes in the universe!

Sally said...

SO cute! It's always an ordeal with costumes and kids changing their minds last minute!

Cannon Clan said...

you guys look great! i love the r2d2 costume, matts spider looks great and i love that you made him a snake, you're such a great mom.

Sara said...

Nagini!!!!!!!


That Leia costume rocks!LOL