Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Joe Satriani

Quick question, Where were you when you heard who the next president would be, and who told you? Well, I was at The Houston House of Blues and Joe Satriani told me that the President elect was Obama... I think that's something I will never forget. Oh, and there was an awesome concert too!

So, I would like to be nominated for the wife of the year award because I took my husband to see one of his favorite musicians! Alright if you know me, I was pretty excited too, maybe I don't deserve any awards.

The House of Blues was great, it was a small venue and we were so close! My eardrums may never recover (somebody answer that phone!). Okay and I am such a dork... The stage curtain was this crazy quilt (I'm probably the only person to ever notice) I was impressed.

The concert opened with Mountain (and for you 60 and under crowd they are the band that plays Mississippi Queen on Guitar Hero III) they were really good, especially since they stayed up way past their bedtime and Mattock was over hours before. The Bass player could have been one of their grandchildren, and he was really fun to watch.

Then the main event... Joe Satriani, wow, that's all I have to say... Wow! Oh, and I was so excited about Stu Hamm, who is probably one of the best Bass players ever! His solo was incredible and made me feel totally inadequate. Oh, and it's always fun to watch the crazies at the concerts. One of my favorite things was seeing people sing along.... to instrumental guitar music!

We couldn't have done it without the Rixner's, thank you for watching the boys, feeding them, putting them to bed and staying up late to wait for us!!!


Stu On the Bass!


Joe & Stu

Yeah... were were that close!!!

At the House of Blues

Um... I can totally do that!

8 comments:

schmidty said...

The washed out pictures of Joe Satriani make him look like Voldemort. Scary, but glad you had fun in the presence of the Dark Lord.

Terri said...

That's funny Matt... It explains his other worldly guitar playing, it must be a dark art. Who knew!

Mattamorphasis said...

Well, that's not good news! That means that to be as good as Joe I would have to study the dark arts... and we both know I should stay as far away from the dark arts as possible.

Jardinefamily said...

I am glad you got to hang out with Joe and that he delivered the wonderful news. What a great day. I have Joe on my running mix. He is great to exercise to:)

Grandma Lil said...

Seems like a great time was had by all. Who took the picture?

Sally said...

Wow, what a memorable night! The picture of you and Matt is so sweet!

Sally said...

Oh, and please tell my photographer, aka Matty, that he owes me some pictures from his trip here! :)

Carrie said...

So Joe's AMAZING. The clip you have sounds like a Guitar Hero solo I would never, ever, beat. House of Blues looks like fun too! Glad you had a great date.