Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Weird Day

Jason had a really special 6th birthday today. I'll post more pictures later. For my friends that have been keeping tabs, my Grandma finally passed away today too. She was just 12 days away from her 100th birthday. My mom said it was a very wonderful experience to be with her when she died. We're making plans to head out to NM soon so we can be there for her funeral. It's quite strange to think that Jason's birthday will also be the day my Grandma died (at least I'll never forget the date). The usual, non-stress me is beginning to feel the rumblings of stress about travel and plans... this is 2008, can't we teleport people yet! I feel sad, confused, relieved and very far away, and I think my decision making process isn't working quite right.

9 comments:

Julie Markham said...

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. Please don't feel guilty when you find yourself around a lot of family at this time, feeling loved and having a good time. And not to be too temporal, I'm glad gas prices and air fares are down right now. It's times like these when you need to be home.

Beth said...

Sorry about your grandma, but I'm glad to hear she lived a long life and went peacefully.

Have a good thanksgiving.

Bapa said...

Yeah, you're coming to New Mexico!

Emily said...

Ter, it will all work out, it always does no matter how much we stress. Take a deep breath and call me

Sally said...

I'm sorry Terri! We're thinking of you!

Kelly said...

I am so sorry about your grandma. I hope that it helped a little being around friends when hearing the news. We just love you guys so much and want to be there for you in any way we can. Let us know if you need anything. We really enjoyed celebrating Jason's birthday with him!

Terri said...

Kelly, we did have such fun, thanks really for Thanksgiving and the party the day before! You guys are the best, having great friends is such a blessing!

Cannon Clan said...

sorry to hear about your grandma. let me know if you need anything here in new mexico.

Jardinefamily said...

I am so glad Lil got to be with her mom when she passed away. It is sad when you lose someone, but it brings family together and I am sure your grandma would love that.