Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Wolf Creek Adventures

Today we spent the day enjoying the beauty of the Wolf Creek area. First we went horse back riding. We had a great guide, his name was Goat (he said he was named "goat" because he has a hard head and a smelly butt) He was a real mountain man. Here is hubby looking cute on his horse.


We went over Wolf Creek Pass again today, yesterday it was snowing, but today it was beautiful, both the weather and nature. I was so high up that there was no doubt that I would have died if I fell off the cliff.

When we got to the other side of the pass, Matt and I went to Treasure Falls, It has always been one of our favorite spots because we went there on our honeymoon. 10 years ago we carved our name on an aspen tree, Here I am standing next to it.

Check out Matt carving our initials on the same tree!

5 comments:

Sally said...

You guys look like you're having a blast. Gorgeous nature pics!

Carrie said...

Super cute. I don't think I've ever had my initials carved in a tree, let alone the same tree twice!

Kelli said...

OK so I think I want to live in South Fork (or whatever it's called) and at the Apple Dumpling B&B. How fun is that? I totally miss mountains (even small hills for that matter) and cool evenings! Looks like you're having a blast! And don't worry Vi is good, lonely but good.

Carrie said...

When are you guys getting back? I forgot. There's a brunch baby shower for Anne and Jackie Saturday the 5th and I was debating whether or not to leave an invite on your doorstep.

Beth said...

BEAUTIFUL! I am jealous! Enjoy the dry weather.