Friday, April 11, 2008

2 cakes In 2 days!



Cake 1:
Wednesday, I made a cake for my friend Jana's baby shower. It was the first cake that I have ever (tried to) decorated in cream cheese frosting. It was brutal. No matter what I did I couldn't get a good constancy with the frosting. I didn't want to mess up the recipe either. I sacrificed some beauty for taste, and I did what I could with the decorations. If I ever do a cream cheese frosting again, I'll know. Lesson Learned: Cream cheese frosting + Piping = Disaster. On the up side, the cake was so good! It was a recipe for Carrot cake from the Lion House. So in the end, it may not look pretty, but it sure tasted good. Cake 2: Ian turns 3 tomorrow! Here is his Curious George cake. I like how it turned out, let's just say I'm happy to be back working in a butter cream. Check back soon for birthday updates.

5 comments:

Sally said...

Wow Terri, you are multi-talented! The cakes look awesome! And Happy Birthday to Ian!! We love you!! No way is he really going to be 3!!!!!

Jardinefamily said...

You should see the sorry little cake I made for Mo's 2nd. I need your help next time. I wish we were there tomorrow. Tell Ian we miss him and to have a happy day. We are doint a joint b-day party for sam and carson next month in new mexico.

Cannon Clan said...

happy birthday ian!! wish we could celebrate with you! the cake your mom made looks awesome! happy third birthday.

Bapa said...

What a totally awesome Curious George cake! What a family - spiders and snakes and yummy cakes.

Kelli said...

The cakes look awesome and I'm sure were delicious! Happy Birthday Ian!