Saturday, April 5, 2008

THIS BLOG IS RATED PG (For mild potty-training Nudity)

Taming of the Ian (Day 2)

Some say it is impossible to tame the human boy; however, I must try. My biggest challenge is to train this young beast to use the toilet. Boys naturally have no desire to use what we call a bathroom and find their own filth comforting. Day 2 has not come without its challenges, but I feel that I have won more battles this day than lost. Some of the casualties include a pair of underwear, pants, quite a few Clorox wipes and some candies (those were sacrificed for a good cause). On a number of occasions it was necessary to fight on enemy soil (toilets not at home) and Ian came though with flying colors. By the end of the day I felt we were on the same team. I almost have this little one totally brainwashed, he will soon gain some humanity.

Wish me luck for day 3.


I love how cute they are in underwear :)

5 comments:

Sara said...

OhMAN! Good luck with that! Isaac is avoiding it like the plague! Little lazy bum....quite literally actually.

Sally said...

I really hate potty training, makes me want them to wear diapers until they are 7! Ian is SOOOOO cute!! I love reading your posts! You are too funny (and creative)!!

Sara said...

I just explored your music list...You like Placebo too!? Kindred spirits!!

Jardinefamily said...

Mo is asking all the time to sit on the toilet. He doesn't do anything, but he is watching sam and what he does. He even tells me he needs to go potty during church because he knows those are the magic words to be taken out. I am excited to be out of diapers, but I am not ready to potty train again.

Terri said...

I know what you mean. I was terrified to potty train Ian. Horrible memories of Jason's training kept coming back to me. I think Ian was ready a long time ago, but I wasn't. It took all but a weekend to have him trained though!