Friday, July 25, 2008

My New Projects

My friend Jackie asked me to make her a "Hooter Hider" for her new baby. If you are unaware of what one is I'll try to explain. It's a nursing cover up, (kinda like a reverse cape) but the front bows outward so the mom can see the baby, and keep the blanket away from the babies face, plus the babies can't yank them off. I also made a cute matching bag for it to fit in. It's a cool idea, and in no way did I think of it, but luckily I had some other friends that let me look at theirs to copy the design. I am not the biggest fan of the name though... any ideas on naming it, I was thinking about "Modesty Maker" Or "Nursing Pal" Put your ideas in the comments. I am also working on a wall hanging for Jackie using the same (really cute) fabric. So look forward to that in a few weeks. I am fighting the clock here Breaking Dawn is 1 week away (yeah) so hopefully I'll have it done by then. Yeah for keeping busy! I am grateful for my friends for helping me do something I enjoy.


6 comments:

Sally said...

I like "nursing pal", I had to laugh at the real name! It is very cute and IF I get to have another baby I want you to make me one! :) It is rewarding to get projects done! Good job!

Cannon Clan said...

let me know how those go i would love to make one myself. my sisters was really great. especially now, we are hitting the stage where max has to stop eatting to see what is going on...

Chelsea said...

Breaking Dawn.... she is totally going to end up with Jacob. Nobody likes being cold all the time! ;)

The Cannon Family said...

I love it! You could totally sell those. The last one I had was cool because it had netting on the top so I could see Gabe, but it shrank in the wash.

Terri said...

In the seam of the one I made has nylon boneing (like the stuff in an underwire bra) Hopfully her's won't srhink, and Cami if you want another one for your new baby, I'll be happy to make it!

Carrie said...

Cute fabric, and I'm so glad you know how to make these now! Thanks for sharing your talents with all of us.