Monday, July 14, 2008

New Friends... Old Friends... Animal Friends

Saturday we met Matt's cousin Sammie and his wife Melissa at the Zoo. They were visiting some friends and family here in Houston and we were invited to tag along. It was my first time meeting Melissa (Melba) and she's such a sweetheart, we also met the McLaughlins (Melba's friends that just moved to Houston). We asked Jason what his favorite part of the zoo was, here is his quote "My new Friend"! Jason and Emily hit it off (Emily is 6months older then him and about a foot taller!)
We had a wonderful (mind you still very hot) day at the zoo! I have to agree with Jason, my favorite part of the zoo was visiting with my new friends and family. Here are some pictures of the cute kids (including Sammie and Melba). Is that Komodo dragon looking at Ian?




Some Animals at the Zoo. My animal feelings... The eagle was beautiful, the warthog was ugly, the orangutans was colorful and the meerkats are cute! The monkey is scared, I made a monkey noise, and I seriously scared it and it was hiding from me, what does that say about me?



2 comments:

Emily said...

You scared a monkey? Do you know that they are our evolutionary cousins? Have they banned you from the zoo?

Sally said...

What a fun zoo trip! Love the picture of Sam and Mel. Also, I love the new header picture, classic! Gosh, I love a lot of things!